It's been awhile since I last posted; I feel like the days are flying by lately. As previously mentioned, I've been temping while looking for a job. For awhile there, I thought I was getting complacent in my search because I was working a long-term assignment with no specific end date, taking interviews here and there and not finding anything very exciting or interesting to do.
I wondered about my level of disdain and came to several conclusions:
1) Though I made a great living in my real estate career, I do not love real estate. I was very lucky to have worked with great people and blessed with great projects. But success does not come easy to everyone who gets into the industry. It is a roller coaster, and you have to decide when you want to get off the ride.
2) I have and will always have a deep interest in the law. My goal growing up was to be a lawyer; a great lawyer, in fact. It took the last couple years for me to learn that life is not something you can nor should you want to plan. If you really love something, you'll find your way back to it.
Which brings me to right now. I'm still interviewing, but mostly away from real estate. After much deliberation, I've decided to take the LSAT and apply for law school! CD is very supportive of my renewed aspiration. So I'm looking for job opportunities that will allow me to pursue my interest in law and enhance my personal life. The ideal job is low-stress, pays decent/well, and where work stays at work. This is something I have never fully experienced in my career so it will be somewhat foreign and take some adjustment. There is a lot of potential out there. I know that real estate will always be there for me if I want to go back to it, but now is not a bad time to see what else I can achieve. Life's too short to not take a leap.
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment