Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm feeling wild...

Why am I such a sucker for prints? I just placed a bid on a "vintage" Kate Spade animal print satchel on eBay. Even though I am supposed to be on the quality-over-quantity program (especially with bags because I am a handbag whore), every now and then I see something I just need to have. And it usually involves some sort of print -- either logo or animal.

Today, I'm just going to ponder my animal print fetish; I'm quite fond of animal print, particularly leopard.


My *fabulous* Kenneth Cole "Soft Serve" pony-hair pumps -- I wore it with a retro looking Diane von Furstenberg dress to my friend Jessica's Spring wedding in Orlando. Being that it was such a contrast to my all black dress, it was quite noticeable. I didn't even have to wear an inkling of jewelry!




Here's me and the ladies at Pastis in NYC for my bachelorette party. Note my Sweet Pea doe-colored print top. I was feeling a little Carrie Bradshaw that evening, wearing a black bra w/ that top. Hey, I'm in New York, I figured why not. Actually, I think it was because I forgot to pack something more appropriate to go under the tank.

A few weeks after that, at my bridal shower, I wore a leopard-print blouse with a necktie from H&M (tres retro chic), and dark AG Merlot jeans. I spent more time searching for the perfect black shell to match that blouse than I did on anything else for that event. (I have to dig up the photo...it was so cute, seriously).

Other items of animal nature:
- JC flats in leopard print
- Steven flats in black snakeskin print
- Kenneth Cole "Banana Split" leopard print pony-hair loafers
- Kate Spade giraffe print tote (a score off eBay)
- J. Crew giraffe print cardigan
- Forth & Towne python belt (By the way, I'm really sad about this store closing. They have some great stuff!)

Do I have a problem? Maybe, but these things dress up a plain outfit. Plus there's just something about it that speaks to me.

Let's hope I win that bid!

Note: The Kate Spade Madison satchel in Lizard Faille is no longer in production.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com