My husband and I are visiting my father-in-law in Phoenix/Mesa, AZ and I deliberately and with great calculation determined what would NOT be going into my suitcase. The hot pink Juicy Couture long sleeve hoodie, the extra pair of Citizens jeans, some long sleeve tops for the somewhat cool evening dinners. Last year on this same trip, I was overpacked and sweated my way through 2 spring training games and had sunburnt scalp (not fun!). There was no way I'd be going through that this time.
We were delayed in Chicago for 6 hours due to some rain in the area, and I could not wait to get into the warm and persistent Arizona sunshine. En route to the airport after lugging my bags around a humid city, I realize I left my new Versace tortoiseshell sunglasses at home. 1 hour later, it was my glasses. Then I couldn't remember if I atleast put a cardigan in the bag for air-conditioned restaurants. Hubby reassured me that there was no need for the cardigan -- we are going to Phoenix, land of perpetual sunshine, and we could get shades at Target. My paranoia crept back into the corner. Nothing to worry about, right? We landed at 4:30am PST, caught a few hours of sleep and woke up to a cloudy sky. No sweat; clouds are a rarity here. As we headed to breakfast, I noticed a few drops of moisture coming down. No sweat. At best, Phoenix only gets sprinkles. As I worked on my coffee, the rain started coming down a little more. By the time I finished getting a stand-in pair of shades at Tar-jay, it was a massive downpour complete with lightning and thunder.
It proceeded to rain the entire first day of our so-called "escape from Chicago's bad weather" vacation. I have been subsisting on the 1 pair of jeans I packed, a new Proenza Schoeuler for Target sweatshirt I snagged when I saw the lighning crack through the sliding doors at the store, and my trusty cashmere scarf/wrap. Never have I felt so underpacked in my life! I'm never going to bitch about how I overpacked after this trip. I would rather be prepared for anything and everything. All I can say is, thank god for Target.
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment