I've been on the go quite a bit the last couple of weeks and the occasional soreness in my feet have turned into pain more often than not these days. This is a resultof choosing to wearing fabulous shoes to work. Shoes don't make the woman but they sure do contribute to the overall look. If I were able to be at my desk for most of the day, this wouldn't be a problem, but I have to walk to and from appointments regularly. When people use the phrase "pounding the pavement", that is is exactly what happens when you step out in heels onto the hard concrete sidewalks. The amount of pressure your feet take everyday is incredible; we're talking thousands of pounds.
Other things that compound my foot problem:
1) Having flat feet (see Barney Rubble)
2) Having abnormally long toes. My 2nd toe is like a freaking claw. It pokes out in my peeptoe heels, which make it look good, but is kind of disturbing.
3) Having the start of a bunion? Atleast I think it's a bunion, based on my research. It's not a full blown bunion, ala Naomi Campbell, but it is enough to scare me.
My Feet (polish is YSL No. 34 Black Tulip, Fall 2007)
Let's start w/ my toes. They are long and bony, and rub up against the tops of shoes more than the average toe should. This creates calluses on the little joints. Ugly and can sometimes hurt a little. The flat feet also causes some stress on bone structure and causes soreness. Also contributes to problem #3, the bunion. Most people who get bunions inherit this from their families, so I guess I can thank my grandma, who if I recall correctly, had little bunioned feet.
Anyway, the pain this week pushed me into doing some research into bunions and feet pain and what I have learned is scary. Bunion surgery is pretty painful and the recovery is slow. Thus I have decided to take proactive measures to try and reverse some of the damage cause by my weakness for cute shoes. I ordered a pair of Yoga Toes on Friday. They are supposed to help stretch out the tendons in the feet, strengthen foot muscles, and "relax overworked feet". My sapphire Yoga Toes should be arriving in the next few days, and I am looking forward to trying them out. Based on the reviews I have read, they will definitely help.
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
1 comments:
I am happy to read a new blog from you!! I am interested in seeing how the Yoga Toes work out!! Looking forward to the updates!!
Post a Comment