I found this draft blog from a couple months ago...the topic is utterly appropriate for today's discussions...
I am currently taking a class called Business Ethics, which is really a study of business practices and all things that relate to business practices. We look at it from the very bottom up, starting with what is right and wrong, what makes people happy, etc.
Today our topic was: What is work? What is the value of Work?
As I was doing the reading for this week, it seemed quite apropos that this topic come up. After all, I wanted to take this class to help me think about why I do what I do, whether I enjoy it, whether it is something I want to continue to pursuem, and whether there are other things out there that I should pursue. That is a lot of 'whethers', but that's life...lots of questions, not always easy to answer, or maybe not something one would think to require an answer. But these are all legitimate questions that we either have or will asked ourselves at one point or another.
Working in the real world is often described as "being in the rat race", meaning we are little laborious grunts doing what we have to do to get by. No real joy can be drawn from being part of that kind of working world. But the question is: Can we ever do what we want to do and love while making good money doing it? Or is it true that if you want to do what you love, then you will probably be poor doing so?
Talk amongst yourselves!
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment