Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Confession Time

Here's where I confess something about myself that I don't feel that bad about. I'm snickering a little on the inside just thinking about it.

I was married in Puerto Vallarta in December of 2006. My wedding dress was purchased at Saks for a slightly stupid amount of money. Being a pretty organized person, you would think that I returned from my honeymoon and sent my dress straight to the special occassions dry cleaner to have it cleaned and archived.

Nope. It is tucked in a big Saks/Neimans shopping bag, sitting in my loft as I type this blog entry. My ridiculously long 9 foot plus veil? It is actually balled up on a closet shelf in my old room at my parents house.

So the other night my friend Sue and I were talking about the wedding and laughing about the shenanigans that our guests got into in the week-long celebration in Mexico. Somehow my dress came up and I disclosed its current location, which sent her into a frenzy. Personally, I figure since my plan was to dye it a dark color anyway (ie. a ruby red or chocolate brown), does it really matter if it's a little dusty on the edges? It really didn't get dirtied much. I wore it for a few hours and promptly shed it post reception in exchange for a jean skirt and halter top.

Why isn't it pressed and archived? Cause I'm just lazy. Plus it'll cost me $600 or something crazy like that, and I don't feel like it right now. It's kind of funny really. I feel kind of defiant actually.

1 comments:

Sue said...

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! YOU MUST GET THAT DRESS PUT AWAY PROPER!!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com