Sunday, March 30, 2008

Super Deal, X2

When you find an amazing deal, my advice is: Take 2.

I was at Macy's shopping nervously on Friday afternoon for a birthday gift for my MIL (that's Mother-In-Law to you Singles out there). Now, whenever shopping for someone else, I always do a quick tally of potential gifts or items for myself - not necessarily an immediate purchase, but maybe one for a later date. I'm a believer that you never know when you may come across a steal on something fabulous.

On the 3rd floor Contemporaries area, I came across several racks with the "additional % off" signs; 2 long racks of which were in in denim (squee! for designer denim). I don't usually like the denim sale racks as they are often littered with the obnoxiously trendy styles that didn't do well during the course of the season OR sizes only pre-pubescent girls can squeeze into -- and reduced by a mere 35-40%. But once in awhile, you might find a sweet pair in a seasonal wash or a cut you don't have that is worth acquiring at a discount (ie. my Paige Premium Denim Robertson wide leg in Sunlight from Dr. Mojoe). The labels on this rack consisted of 7FAM, Citizens of Humanity, Joe's, Hudson, French Connection (blech), Rich & Skinny, and Anlo. The last label, Anlo, caught my attention as it has received some decent press since its debut. It's a line that seeks to be the middle ground between basic and the ultra-trendy.


Anlo "Roth" wide leg trouser jeans in Pacific wash, $198.

I quickly picked out a few pairs of different styled Anlo jeans to try on. The wide leg trouser jeans were really flattering. Then I noted the price tag, expecting to see something like $99. It was labeled at $49.50. I figured the additional mark down made these jeans a whopping $34.65 -- approximately 17.5% of its original retail price. Sold! I beat a quick trail back to the sale racks and found another pair 1 size up to take home as well.

Now, this is one of the only time I would advise anyone to buy more than one of the same jeans in 2 different sizes. (I do often buy multiple pairs of the exact same shoe when they are priced at their lowest.) We all have days where we would like our nice denim to have some give and this is when you can make that happen. To put into perspective, you can't buy jeans from the freaking Gap for $34.65, much less designer ones. So you get on that deal and pay quickly.

1 comments:

Marina said...

Oooh, girl!! Props for the sales racks at Macy's!! I always knew that they were gold!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com