Saturday, March 22, 2008

Snippy housewives in NYC

Saturday mornings are really enjoyable to me as hubby and I make a nice breakfast together. Then we check out what is on the TV since we don't get to see much during the week. Today we happened upon 2 episodes of The Real Housewives of New York City on Bravo. I had been casually watching the first 2 seasons of the Orange County set, and just couldn't connect with the West Coast lifestyle. The perpetual blonde hair color was numbing my brain. Since I love New York, I believed that the NYC set had to be more interesting, at the very least, a little more substantial than the OC.

The ladies of New York did not disappoint! The women had all different hair colors (even if very similar styles, according to Hubby), and while wealthy, were more "real" -- as in, less plastic and done up. They didn't all know each other well, which is nice, and a catfight was brewing in the 2nd episode that will carry through the season. Throw in some New York hotspots, overly mature children who clearly need therapy at age 12, and some fabulous clothing and accessories, and you have a perfect formula for an interesting show.

The Real Housewives of New York City airs every Tuesday at 9pm CST on Bravo.

1 comments:

Marina said...

Welcome back!! I have been casually watching this show as well. But I cannot seem to get into the show. I have all the episodes on DVR, but i cannot commit to watching them. I'd rather tweeze something!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com