
Gucci Fall 2007 "Bonnie" Platform Booties, $995
I have this on and off relationship with the Shoe Department at Saks. It's like the boyfriend that you know is bad for you so you stay away as much as you can. But when you see him, something good always happens, and it's hard to resist going back for more. So there I was, doing a return before heading to a work function with my hubby. I am taking back snow boots that were going to be a little awkward for me to wear regularly (even though they were Uggs). I am feeling hurried because I only had 20 minutes to do the errand and get back on-time for this event. It was then the escalator brought me up to Floor 3, and I am hit with the sight of the Sale Racks, brim full of NEW markdowns. I am no longer preoccupied.
Being a seasoned shopper, I do a quick survey of the first rack, and realize that many of the "desired" fall shoes were included in this new markdown. I start working the rack starting with my normal shoe size and working up about a whole size (designer kicks sometimes run rather small) and pull out a few shoes to slip on. One of the salespeople who I have bought from before immediately came to my assistance, grabbed the bag with the return and let me do my thing.
After a good 10 minute survey, I pulled out two pairs to try - both Gucci and both booties - one of which was the bootie of all booties shown for this Fall/Winter season. The "Bonnie" platform bootie has been prominently featured in the catalogs and fashion rags. I definitely lusted after them but never thought about buying them. Until the minute the shoe guy brought it to me in my size.
They fit perfectly, which is the beauty of Gucci shoe sizing...they fit true to size. This was truly my downfall. Any actual consideration I was making about whether this would be a good purchase for me flew out the window. We have: Sale Price designer shoe + perfect fit = a new purchase.
I went back to meet hubby for the work event, but not before slipping this shopping back into the car first. Because my husband knows me so well, he asked how my trip to Saks went, and instantly could tell I didn't just make the return.
The Bonnies haven't been worn yet; I have to get the bottoms sealed before that happens. Right now I'm just content to admire them in the comfort of my home.
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment