
Even though yesterday's on-slaught of snow was the second time Chicago has been pummeled with snow in 2 weeks, not including a major snowstorm in December, today is my first snow day this winter.
I'm actually having a "snow week", because I did not book any assignments this week. As you may know, I started looking for a new job in January, and signed up to do some temping through my recruiting agency to keep busy while conducting my search. Well, I've been on assignment the last 6 weeks, and good temps do not stay at home cause it is snowing outside. It has been good to get up and go to work with the rest of the world.
Sadly, snow is pretty for all of twenty minutes in the city, the time it takes for it to fall from the sky and accumulate on the trees, benches, streets, etc. Then the majority of the snow on the sidewalks, alleys, and streets becomes this dirty salty slush that destroys everything it covers. My one & only pair of Uggs has been abused this winter because of the extra salt Streets & Sanitation has had to lay down to combat the extremely cold temperatures we've experienced. And after a certain temp, salt actually doesn't work, which has resulted in several accidents all over the city.
Though I can't appreciate the current aesthetic of the snow, I am happy to sit in my warm house, watch the flakes come down while having coffee, and finally get to work on this blog!
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment