
I'm feeling anxiety right now, and it's something that's going to sit in the bottom of my stomach every week, Monday through Saturday. There's one question that fuels this anxiety, and that is: what am I going to do with my fantasy football team this week?
Yes, fantasy football, or FF cause it's faster to type. This is my 2nd year playing fantasy football in a league that one of my friends put together. We play for no money, just bragging rights. Last year, I placed first in the regular season; second in the playoffs. I am obligated to mention we only had 8 teams which means it's virtually impossible to get bad players. I made a killing in the draft with LaDainian Tomlinson, and my personal favorites: Carson Palmer, Rudi Johnson, and Chad Johnson (aka the Cincinnati "Triplets"). It was hard to have a bad season when you get those players.
Before I get all geeked out and start yammering about the intricasies of FF, let me get back to the anxiety. Somehow, by the time we were doing the draft, our league had ballooned to 14 teams. The ideal situation is 10 or 12 as there were still unchosen players out there you could go to during the season who might do well. But with 14, we'd have to dig deep and speculate a lot more on who might turn out to be a great player.
I got to pick 11th, which isn't great. I think my team is just ok this year, and there are lots of question marks...which brings me back to that queasy feeling in my stomach. After the first week of games, I don't know if I'll do very well at all. What happened to my running backs? Am I really going to rely on my kicker to score the majority of my points? Or should I start add/dropping players because some of them just plain sucked in week 1? Gah!
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment