After grabbing a coffee en route to work this morning, my eyes focused in on a man walking in front of me obviously heading to work as well. He was about 6'2", wearing a polo and dress pants. Unfortunately for him, his pant cuffs were short beyond the level of decency allowed for an adult male. I could count very clearly the number of dots on the trouser socks he was wearing. His ankles were out in the open, which given the socks and the shoes were not what anyone needed to see. The entire thing was disturbing, given how tall the man was.
What is it with Men and having their pants tailored so short? After having stared at this guy's ankles for a good 30 seconds, I started taking in the pant lengths of people walking around me. I noticed that many men like to have the cuff end right on top of their shoes. That is an awful lot of open space I have to say, and not very flattering. Nothing looks better on men than to have trousers tailored just right. Frankly, men don't have much liberty with their wardrobes. They can work the shirt, the tie, and the pants. That's it. And if your place of employment is tie optional, you only have two other elements to play with. Any faux pas are more glaring than not at this point.
I'm going home tonight and evaluating all of hubby's dress pants. I'm not going to have anything to do with exposed ankles and his crazy patterned socks.
White tulle for trendy bridal gowns
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment